Ballantyne is a brand new and prestigious development located on the south side of Charlotte. The development covers over 2,000 acres and is readily expanding as new residents flock to the area. The neighborhood has a 535 acre corporate park that attracts local businesses to the Ballantyne area. As major corporations and small business owners move into the office spaces – the economic engine of Ballantyne is strengthened. The Ballantyne neighborhood offers a live, work, and play community for Charlotte residents that want to reside in an upscale area. The area is sought-out by professionals for the dining, shopping, and entertainment options it can offer. The Ballantyne neighborhood is also a highly desirable place for families because of its exceptional school district.
The Ballantyne Country Club
Ballantyne Country Club’s sought-after, south Charlotte location has led many families to this popular community. Membership is offered to the entire Charlotte area; residency within the community is not a requirement for membership in the private, member owned club. The relaxed feel of the club provides a warm atmosphere for all members of the Ballantyne Country Club family.
Club Features and Benefits Include:
- Multi-Generational Club
- Rees Jones Designed 18 Hole Golf Course
- Magnificent Golf Practice Facilities
- Director of Golf Instruction – Randy Joyner
- Four Teaching Golf Professionals
- Junior Golf Academy
- Nine Tennis Courts – Seven Lighted
- Tennis Instruction/Team Tennis/ Junior Tennis/Full Calendar of Tennis Events
- Beautiful 45,000 square foot Main Clubhouse
- Men’s and Ladies Locker Rooms and Lounges
- Multiple Dining and Meeting Spaces
- Designated Family Activities Center with Teen Center
- Fitness Center – 24/7 Access for Members
- Five Swimming Pools
- Full Aquatics Programming – Lessons/Swim Team Water Aerobics
- Complimentary Child Watch Daily/Thursday and Friday Nights
- Year Round Programming for Children
- Calendar Filled with Events for Members of All Ages Throughout the Year
Ballantyne Country Club is a full service facility and offers the ultimate golf experience. The golf course was designed by the legendary Rees Jones. Designed for all skill levels, members can enjoy play from one of five tee boxes. The practice facilities include a driving range with over 20 hitting stations, two practice putting greens and a short game area with two sand bunkers to help develop your game. The Golf Course features Bermuda Grass Fairways and Bent Grass Greens.
Our calendar of events includes events for the entire family from the beginning junior to our retired couples! The club has a very active golf community, some of our associations: Men’s Golf Association, BLGA (Ballantyne Ladies Golf Association/18 Holers), Lady Lynxters (9-Holers) , OMEGA (Old Men Enjoying the Game of Golf Association), Junior Interclub (2012 Charlotte League Champions!)
The collection of shops and restaurants at Ballantyne Village, a boutique shopping center located in south Charlotte, are a destination for award winning dining, salon and spa services, outdoor entertainment, an art house theatre adn high-end shopping. Discerning shoppers come to find unique items from clothing, jewelry, gift items, stationery, wedding registry, cigars and gifts for men.